Capacity Building of Spiritual, Personal & Identity Development and Inter-Cultural Understanding
We are committed to building and fostering a community that values and cares for all its members and is willing to work inclusive of our intersecting identities to promote shared experience, skills and practices that support ever deepening levels of compassion, understanding and affirmation of one another.
Our role is to provide Vassar students, staff, faculty, and administrators with experiences, opportunities and skills needed to:
- Create a deeper sense of belonging so that we learn, live, work and interact with each other in meaningful ways rather than merely coexist.
- Practice courageous and compassionate engagement and dialogue on issues of personal, institutional, and social concern.
- Understand our personal and cultural commonalities and distinctions to cultivate respectful interactions and shared learning.
- Ensure that capacity building endures beyond this 9-semester initiative.
- Wayne Assing, ChairAssistant Director of Counseling Services
- Eloudia Odamy, '21Student; VSA Chair of Equity and Inclusion
- Carollynn CostellaReference Librarian
- Elizabeth RandolphDirector Alumnae/i Communications and Editor of the Vassar Quarterly
- Jill SchneidermanProfessor of Earth Science
- Andrea SerraLibrary Specialist
- Shreya Suresh '21Student
- Kimberly Williams BrownAssistant Professor of Education
- Saira Ayala-SantiagoAcademic Coach, Office of Accessibility and Educational Opportunity