Bridging Campus and Local Communities
Bridging Campus and Local Communities works to invigorate our critical understanding of and practice community partnership by reimagining our involvement with local and diverse communities in the area as bidirectional, open, and integral to our liberal arts curriculum and to our development as critical global citizens.
We will re-think our roles within the communities that sustain us. We will work toward transformation of our college community by building inclusive models of thinking and being. We will see our diversity as a resource and structure-in equitable ways to share our educational wealth.
Through conscious educational and extra-curricular programming, collaboration with on and off-campus offices, entities, students, employees and residents, we will fortify our existing programs and build new ones that enable us to engage with communities as knowledge producers and partners in this process toward more empathetic and fully-realized individuals who stand against all forms of oppression.
- Eva Woods, ChairAssociate Professor and Chair of Hispanic Studies
- Stacy BinghamDirector of Career Development and Assistant Dean of Studies
- John BradleyExecutive Director, Vassar College Urban Education Initiative
- Gabriel Burns '21Student
- Moshe CohenVisiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Statistics
- Rebecca EdwardsProfessor of History on the Eloise Ellery Chair
- Darcie GiansanteSenior Associate Director of the Vassar Fund and 40th and 50th Reunion Class Giving, Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development
- Katherine HiteProfessor of Political Science
- Sara Inoa ’20Student
- Gretchen LiebLibrarian
- Teresa QuinnAssistant Dean of the College for Campus Activities
- Jean RossUser Services Consultant
- Deborah SwartzAssistant Editor of Digital and Social Media, Office of Communications
- Abi Bethke '21Student
- Carlos Espina '21Student
- Clarke Hallum '21Student
- Aidan Antonienko '21Student