Summer Programs & Research
The EPI Summer Programs and Research Working Group focuses on the summer months as an annual opportunity to renew our college-wide commitments to diversity and inclusion. By uniting existing summer programs and creating new integrative ones, we aim to make transparent and accessible Vassar’s curriculum, resources, and traditions.
Successful summer programs should:
- Help to break down silos of interaction that tend to build up during the academic year,
- Provide time and space for students and faculty to focus on their own research and creative interests,
- Provide time and space for administrators and staff to share their expertise in formal and informal settings,
- Ensure that each member of the Vassar community is confident in their ability to navigate, belong, and thrive on campus.
- Andrew AshtonDirector of the Libraries
- Capria BerryDirector of the Transitions Program
- Rori-An Chuck ’19Student
- Sarah FischerSenior Assistant Director of Admission
- Jennifer HerreraLecturer in Chemistry
- John LongProfessor of Biology & Cognitive Science on the John Guy Vassar Chair and Biology Department Chair
- Michelle RansomDirector of Student Activities and The College Center
- Jennifer RubboManager of the Environmental Cooperative Barn
- Kerry StampDirector of International Programs