Life at Vassar
During 2019-2020, the Life at Vassar working group focused their efforts on developing new and equitable practices that facilitate being in community across constituencies and differences. This included the experimental pilot of having a student serving as a working group co-chair and sitting on the Coordinating Committee.
As is the case for all EPI working groups, Life at Vassar is multi-disciplinary and collaborative, meaning that the scope of work sought by this group exceeds the existence of one office or constituency. We held our first meeting and determined that our primary objectives will be to discuss the student living experience, brainstorm some key questions, and begin cultivating some grounds on which a larger group can help us vision goals and objectives, in the fall. So far, the group has asked questions about barriers to connection and belonging in residential spaces and ways to promote student well-being. We have also been thinking about ways to include upperclass students in orientation and a campaign to increase awareness for, and accessibility to, on-campus professional resources.
- Antonella DeCicci '20Student
- Luis InoaAssociate Dean of the College, Residential Life and Wellness
- Kevin Arce '20Student
- Michael DruckerAssociate Director of Residential Education
- Kaitlin LeachAssociate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Welfare
- Greta DeckerAssistant Director of International Programs
- Jamie KellyAssociate Professor and Chair of Philosophy & House Fellow
- Farhia Osman '20Student
- Amy Miller '20Student, VSA Chair of Residential Affairs
- Erin BossSupport, Advocacy, & Violent Prevention Program Coordination
- Stacy RipoRegistration Assistant
- Joanna Burghardt '23Student
- Michaela Olabisi '23Student